For those of you on the 21 Day Fix Meal Program, or maybe you’re just trying to be healthy, here is a very clean and healthy version of Sausage & Peppers!
It’s actually very easy to make as well.
- Green Peppers
- Pasta (Whole Wheat or Veggie)
- Pasta Sauce (Marinara or Tomato Sauce)
- Cook Pasta according to directions, drain and use Yellow container to portion on plate/in container
- Slice Green Peppers to right size, brown in pan, use Green container to portion on top of Pasta
- Cut up Sausage into bit size pieces, and brown in pan, use Red container to portion on top of Green Peppers.
- Simmer Pasta Sauce until warm, use Purple container to portion on top of everything.
*I felt that the purple container was a little too much pasta sauce, so I used about 3/4 of the cup, but it’s up to you how much pasta sauce you want to use.
*If you use Veggie Pasta that is full on Veggie, then use a Green container to portion and count that instead of Yellow.
Super easy, we used this recipe for meal prep, so I’ll be eating this yummy for lunch all week!