A HUGE part of my transformation of myself has been Personal Development! I’m the kind of person that thrives on good quotes, great lyrics and a good book. Don’t get me wrong I don’t LOVE to read, I have to actually REALLY want to READ to get a book complete.
I’m in the middle of like 6 books!
Friday, I decided to download one of the books I wanted to read on Audible. “Girl Code,” by Cara Alwill Leyba. I had heard a few people mention that it was a great book for Women in business, and CEO/Entrepreneur type chicks!
So I started it Friday, and finished it Monday. I actually listened to most of it on Sunday night during my meal prep, but I just couldn’t stop. Something about the book just captivated me!
Let me just say, this book was TOTALLY life Changing! I don’t say that to say that I’m a different person, but my perspective of things, of life, of business, of women in general has totally changed. I don’t want to give away everything from this book because I think you should totally get it yourself! However here are a few MAJOR takeaways that I got from the book.
- Girls Compete, Women Uplift (Major LOVE this Quote! So True!!)
- YOU have something Unique about you that people will want to tap into, mimicking others or “copy cat”-ing other successful people will never work! Be Authentic!
- Women NEED Women friends, and you can actually learn a lot by surrounding yourself with like minded women, not having Women friends shows a lack of confidence.
- Imperfect Moments are when we Grow the MOST
- Embrace your Journey and Look for the Lesson
There are some majorly awesome one liners in the book and the women she interviewed were truly inspiring. Some of them I heard of, and some I didn’t.
Totally recommend this book! If you want to check it out… GO HERE!