When you’re running, on average, you burn about 10 Calories in 1 minute, thus after 1 hour, you can burn about 600 Calories.
So what other exercises can you do that burn more than running? Me personally I can’t run for 1 hour, I am not a long distance runner and for me I rather do more things, funner things, less boring!
Check out this list of alternatives.
- Indoor Rowing- Average 12.5 Calories/Minute
- Burpees- Average 14.3 Calories/Minute
- Jump Rope- Average 13 Calories/Minute
- Cross-Country Skiing- Average 12 Calories/Minute
- Tibet Jump Squats- Average 13.4 Calories/Minute
- Battling Ropes- Average 10.3 Calories/Minute
- Fat-Tire Biking- Average 25 Calories/Minute
- Air Bike Sprints- Up to 86 Calories/Minute
- Kettlebell Swings- Average 20 Calories/Minute
- Jumping Jacks- Average 10.5 Calories/Minute
There are plenty of things you can do that burn more than 10 Calories/Minute, you just have to find what works best for you!!
The workouts I do everyday don’t include any running, I have recently added in running on Sundays, but even without running, I can burn about 300-500 Calories in just 30 minutes with my strategic/personal workout program.
What are you doing to workout daily? Do you need any help putting together a program perfect for you? Reach out!! SarahDBattiste@gmail.com